Answers to these questions, or even some of them, will help us to select a chemical pump suited to your application.
1. What are you pumping?
- Chemical name
- Chemical concentration
- Specific gravity (or density)
- Suction lift or flooded suction
2. How much would you like to pump, and in what period of time?
- “I only need to pump a gallon at a time.” (Yes, but in a minute or in an hour?)
- Is this amount a maximum, or are your needs likely to change?
3. What pressure, if any, are you pumping against?
- Open discharge (minimal pressure)
- In-line application
- Discharge plumbing friction loss
4. What accessories, if any, will you need to complete your chemical feed system?
- Chemical storage tank
- Pump mounting shelf
- Flowmeter (proportional feed)
- Control equipment (pH, cooling tower, boiler, disinfection, ORP, conductivity, resistivity)
- Tanks, stands, mixers
- Package system